Last year, Footwear Cares was supported by 6,500 employees from 100 footwear companies – working from coast-to-coast to give back to the communities that support our businesses. Why? Because quite simply, Footwear Cares.
The highlights from the combined work in 83 charitable nonprofits included:
- 517,549 meals were sorted, packed, prepared or served to feed children, families, seniors, and the disabled.
- 11,300 pairs of new shoes were distributed to children.
- Over 20 environmental projects were completed to enhance our coastlines, nature trails, community parks, and recreation facilities.
- 1,242 low-income children were provided with clothing.
- 15,000 volunteer hours offset more than $330,000 in operational costs for nonprofits.
Building on the success in 2014, planning for Footwear Cares 2015 is already underway. “Getting People Back on Their Feet” will be the theme for our community service activities this year and we’re excited about working with thousands of footwear employees to make a positive change in the lives of those less fortunate.
For the second year in a row, we are thrilled to have the support of Amazon Fashion on a national level. “The generous support of Amazon Fashion, as the title sponsor of Footwear Cares, enables us to involve thousands of employees from footwear companies across the country as volunteers, all working together to change the lives of families in need.” said Neal Newman, president of Two Ten Footwear Foundation.